Tuesday, June 3, 2008

day 72

*period: 25 day cycle

*feeling bloated and unusually constipated for about a week

*i have had a little more seeds and nuts than usual on top of eating cooked dinners and some cooked lunches.

*feeling 'out of control with my emotions and my diet.

*depression - caused by external circumstances

why do i allow myself to get off balance with my morning walks (aka fitness + sunshine = happiness/balance)

this past week was more about food combining, and 'cooked' vegan than raw. also alot of sugar was added back into my diet as we celebrated austin's bday, my bday and i was feeling rather defeated emotionally.


my period is here again. this time around i feel it in my legs and back. and also my breasts feel tender. oddly, i have slowly began my descent into more cooked lately...just the holiday, bdays' and emotions that have really got me off track. i am struggling to stay connected to this way of eating.

i found a wonderful new blog today that has been a little shot in the arm of inspiration for me...and here is a snippet of goodness that i know i will refer to in order to stay on track...;

My Top Ten Health Factor List
1) Diet - yes, it DOES have significant importance!

2) Exercise/fitness - if put together with diet, you're likely to see incredible results.

3) Sunshine - no, the sun is not bad for you. It is crucial for you, despite the taboo about it.

4) Fresh air - may seem impossible for some of us, but try your best anyway.

5) Clean water - Distilled or reverse osmosis preferable. And get nature-distilled water as much as you can from fruit!

6) Rest - In years past I have been very deficient in this one, and the next one:

7) Sleep - deep rest - next to impossible for Moms of young children, but since I'm useless when I'm sleepless, I did pro-actively guide my children to sleep through the night. No flamin' please. ;)

8) Emotional wellness - I feel that many of us only give this one lip service. I have realized that even if I master the first 7 health principles listed, if I get stressed, angry or troubled, that these emotions will overtake my entire body and soul. These health principles aren't necessarily in order, but if they were I'd put emotional wellness in the no. 1 spot.

9) Spiritual connectedness - There is a grounding, a safe comforting peace that comes with being spiritually connected to something bigger than yourself. I find this peace essential for my overall health.

10) Purpose in life - If I didn't have a purpose in life, I wouldn't care about my health. :)

also, i had an epiphany about the 811 diet...(basically fruit all day till dinner of greens and veggies) while i was on the fruit flush, my itchy scalp/dandruff came back. i was reading a raw food gurus' sight about dandruff being caused by meat and dairy consumption. oddly, the first 5 weeks of my E2L diet had cured my scalp problem apparently. soon after being on the fruit flush for one week, my dandruff came back.

so i wondered, was i just not getting enough fat in my diet doing fruit all day? was this diet wrong for my health and wellness? or was i just going into a deeper well of detox and the byproducts of the meat/dairy still residing coming up at a faster rate? hmmm. i wonder.

all in all, i have loved eating fruit all day til noon...by about 2 ish, i am ready for low sugar fruits like my toms and avo's and cucumbers.

*i am also happy to report that as of this week i have added dulse and arame into my diet :) also, sesame seeds (roasted cus i love them that way) and tofu too :)...but i try to get these into my diet about 3 times a week....which has been a challenge the last few days because every one has been sick and i have been overwhelmed taking care of everyone....ontop of it being my bday.

No comments: